Monday, June 1, 2009

What am I reading now? Philosophical Tales, by Martin Cohen


"A philosophy book written by an another pop-philosopher. Great...", I said to myself with disdain as I read through the back cover of the book in Kinokuniya. I hate plastic wrapped books. HATE... But having seen the condition of the unwrapped books in Malaysian bookstores, I can only sympathize with the book shops and blame Malaysians for their lack of respect for other people's properties.

But wait a minute, this book attempts to tell the history of Philosophy and Philosophical ideas from the point of view that Philosophers are also Humans, and not Demi Gods with an inflated IQ (and usually and inflated ego too!)... This deserves to be read. Plus I got the Kinokuniya Daruma card that gives me a 28% DISCOUNT FOR ANY BOOK, once a month. Will fill in the details later...

2 comments:

Vonks said...

so free n so busy

Paranoid Android said...

Yar lo... never too busy for Plato, kant and Hegel

Paranoid Android's Spec Sheet

My photo
Unless stated otherwise, all the posts and food here is paid for by the Paranoid Android. He dose not receive any financial compensation for posting in this blog. The views expressed here are an opinion and as usual, taste is subjective and varies among people, time and mood as well! Please feel free to contact me at humanist dot philo at gmail dot com. Unless otherwise stated, the photos here belong to the owner of this blog. You are free to use it for any non commercial purpose. As courtesy, just drop me an email and credit the photo to the blog. Thanks for dropping by!

To satisfy your hunger

Blog Archive

Number of Electronic Sheep Counted In My Dreams

Labels