Saturday, June 27, 2009

Creature of Habit, Creature of the Night. Bar Italia after hours.

By now, you would have noticed that I keep very irregular hours. Or rather, my job makes me keep irregular hours. I usually finish at 11 pm, and I really really have to thank Lyrical Lemongrass for introducing me to Bar Italia, a joint that keeps irregular hours like me. It opens from 7 am to 3 am, and the kitchen closes at 11:45pm. Wonderful. This would be my regular Italian joint now. I find myself returning ever so often, just to find comfort from the brilliant food there.


Knocked off late from work, as usual, and called up Mac, who was sleeping by then. "I wanna go for dinner, and I don't want to eat alone tonight!", I hollered into the phone. Mac grudgingly woke up, and I proceeded to call him up about 5 times to direct him to the place.

frittura di mare, this sea has only calamari and prawns. No fish!

Arrived there by 11.30 pm and was still warmly greeted by the waiters. Ordered the frittura di mare, which was a pleasant comfort food. Batter was crunchy and not weighed down in oil. The calamari was slightly soft, and the prawns were springy and fresh. No complaints.


Pollo Alla Griglia

The chicken smelled of Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme ala Scraborough Fair. No, it did not. But close. Basil and rosemary ?scallions?. Chicken was tender and moist, and the potatoes and cauliflower was creamy and fragrant.

Spaghetti Aglio e Olio, perfection in a plate

Al dente, perfettamente fatto. The best I've tasted so far. The smell of slightly singged garlic wafted from the plate as our waiter set it on the table. Just the right amount of olive oil, lightly dusted in salt with subtle taste of dried chilli (replacing the usual red pepper flakes). Brilliant.


Mac, still bleary eyed. Thanks for dinner!


Dessert, was gelato and limoncello.





4 comments:

Maleewan said...

Molto bene!

Ciki said...

yummie! eat so late can sleep meh? i wld get nitemares:P

Paranoid Android said...

yar lo... what to do, I've got a mad boss!

Unknown said...

Is the italian food in KL as good as Enoteca @ Sukhumvit?

Paranoid Android's Spec Sheet

My photo
Unless stated otherwise, all the posts and food here is paid for by the Paranoid Android. He dose not receive any financial compensation for posting in this blog. The views expressed here are an opinion and as usual, taste is subjective and varies among people, time and mood as well! Please feel free to contact me at humanist dot philo at gmail dot com. Unless otherwise stated, the photos here belong to the owner of this blog. You are free to use it for any non commercial purpose. As courtesy, just drop me an email and credit the photo to the blog. Thanks for dropping by!

To satisfy your hunger

Blog Archive

Number of Electronic Sheep Counted In My Dreams

Labels