Friday, June 19, 2009

I'm a whore and a stalker! Bar Italia @ Changkat Bukit Bintang

I'm a breakfast whore. Really. My breakfast has to be big, good and substantial. I'm a coffee whore too. In fact my day does not start until I've had both a nice breakfast, and coffee. Slap me with your bruschetta, flog me with noodles, scald me with Bak Kut Teh. I'll promise to be a good boy and finish my breakfast!

I've got friends who cannot eat anything for breakfast. Did I say friends? Well, they have been downgraded to acquaintances. Ha ha...

A breakfast whore is different from a whore's breakfast which consists of a large mug of coffee and 4 ciggys. Those who call me a breakfast whore are having a whore's breakfast. :p So there.

To me, lunch is a dirty word during weekdays. Battling the sweltering heat, queueing up for food, gulping it down within one hour. Plus no alcohol. It can't be seriously considered a meal?

A stalker. Sends shiver down the spine doesn't it? I'm officially stalking Lyrical Lemongrass, because she has such wonderful places to recommend for breakfast. That's two in a row, honey!

Arived KL at 7:30. Had to go to the laundry to collect my clothes. Called up my boss to tell him to stick his job up a very specific orrifice in his nether regions. You know, the dark and dank one that never sees the sun. My job is so technical and boring. The only creativity I get during the the job is filling my claims at the end of the month. That's real creativity.

Ignore the previous passage. I did not.... I just called meekly to tell him I'll be going late at 3 pm. Somebody's got to pay for the food right?

Snoozed a bit and proceeded to Bar Italia at Changkat Bukit Bintang.

Exterior view

Had a bit of trouble finding the place. No signboards yet. Went inside and well, it was pleasant. Cool. The heat in KL is unbearable this time of the year.

Ordered the New York Bagel with eggs, ham and ceddar cheese. Fragrant and delicious. But the egg was a little to well done. Slightly plasticky egg whites in fact, but it's ok. Anything is good after being deprived for 2 weeks from good food. And Ham... Oinky poinky Ham. Ich liebe dich...... Ti Amo...

Ordered the Orecchiette with Ham as well. Fragrant, sticky and extra creamy. Soft in the middle, chewy on the outside. The way it should be. The ultimate South Italian ear-shaped pan mee/meen fan go.

And finished off with a Pistachio Gelato... The most wonderful glob of sweet, rich, amazing confection ever. Visions of virgins feeding me with Pistachio Gelato in a beautiful Tuscan Graden with cypresses and fountains floated across my mind...

All that plus a machiato and a ginger beer came up to about RM 86. They are open from 7am til 3 am. Just my kind of sleazy joint. Kitchen, however closes at 11.45 pm.

Stairway to heaven

The washroom... definitely cool and sassy. Can imagine being a broadway star and sitting infront of the dressing room mirror.

As I walked out, I felt a spring in my step, and was humming a tune. " Io canto... le mani in tasca e canto....". I was deliriously happy but was rudely awakened from my food filled utopia and happiness by a phone call from the office. The vestial virgins in the pristine garden turned into ugly gnomes carrying loads of files and unread reports.

I proceeded to walk to my car, steps less springy, and started humming another tune..... " Ahhh.... Sholay Mio........" (Bastardized version of O sole mio) , and I imagined my boss singing it, while sticking my job up his unmentionable unmentionable......

4 comments:

Ciki said...

excellent looking place.. already told cumi to bring me here.. but he said only one birthday wish a week. (does that mean i have more?!! muahahahaha)

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

Pressure pressure! Must see what other brekkie places I can conjure up from my hat. Haha. Next time, I shall try that pistachio gelato. Thx for the recommendation!

Paranoid Android said...

C&C: Did not know it was your birthday... Happy sweet 16th, girl, and tell Cumi that a gorgeous girl like you deserves at least one birthday wish a week. Now i owe you one b'day present.

LL: Thanks! Start conjuring now! Abacadabra! Hahahaha.........

James said...

Looks good. Will check it out one fine day.

Paranoid Android's Spec Sheet

My photo
Unless stated otherwise, all the posts and food here is paid for by the Paranoid Android. He dose not receive any financial compensation for posting in this blog. The views expressed here are an opinion and as usual, taste is subjective and varies among people, time and mood as well! Please feel free to contact me at humanist dot philo at gmail dot com. Unless otherwise stated, the photos here belong to the owner of this blog. You are free to use it for any non commercial purpose. As courtesy, just drop me an email and credit the photo to the blog. Thanks for dropping by!

To satisfy your hunger

Blog Archive

Number of Electronic Sheep Counted In My Dreams

Labels